The QuickBooks ecosystem of accounting tools remains the most widely-used set of accounting applications used by small businesses. Yet, many of these organizations need more internal controls. In this seminar, you will learn options for improving internal controls in small businesses running QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, or Online. Participate in this program to understand how you can create a robust system of internal controls in a small business environment, including businesses using QuickBooks accounting solutions. In this session, you will also learn about the four common types of internal controls and how to assess the relative condition of the internal control structure of a small business. With this background in place, the focus then shifts to discovering the opportunities to enhance internal controls in QuickBooks-based environments using features found in the application. In addition, you will learn about additional internal control procedures for situations where you cannot establish adequate controls in QuickBooks. In sum, while many believe that QuickBooks-based organizations will forever face weak internal control structures, by participating in this session, you will learn how QuickBooks-based businesses can benefit from strong internal controls.
• Identify the importance of internal controls in QuickBooks environments
• List four common types of internal controls and provide examples of each
• Assess the relative strength or weakness of a QuickBooks-based organization's internal control structure
• Create and implement appropriate internal controls using tools and features found in various editions of QuickBooks
• Critical risks in QuickBooks environments
• Internal control options that can mitigate risk to prudently acceptable levels
• Enabling alternative control measures to improve internal controls in QuickBooks environments