Disclosure has never been more critical. This course will cover the most commonly encountered U.S. GAAP disclosure requirements. This overview of the structure of the FASB Accounting Standards Codification and its more significant disclosure requirements applicable to non-public entities. In addition to U.S. GAAP, requirements coverage includes a discussion of disclosure requirements for financial statements prepared using a special purpose framework, e.g., tax basis.
• Recognize FASB Accounting Standards Codification disclosure requirements applicable to financial statements purporting to be prepared in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America
• Recognize the disclosure requirements when financial statements are presented in accordance with a special purpose framework
• FASB Accounting Standards Codification disclosure requirements
• An overview of the disclosure landscape
• How materiality enters into disclosure decisions
• Navigating the FASB Codification