Your client just informed you of their terminal illness. What do you from a tax, financial, insurance, investment, retirement, and estate planning point of view? Decisions you make before death lay the groundwork for planning choices after death. Randy Gardner discusses the strategies that will prepare you for the best post-mortem outcomes and help you put your client's mind at ease.
• Determine how to help the client's family through the maze of decisions during this difficult transition
• Recognize the opportunities and mistakes that frequently occur during the client's final days
• Identify the wealth creation and preservation techniques best suited for your client's situation
• Getting your clients' affairs in order - asset ownership, avoiding probate, and beneficiary designations
• Coordinating the planning for gift, generation-skipping, estate, and income taxes using disclaimers and portability, QTIP and QDOT elections
• Investment assets—which ones to sell and which ones to hold
• Retirement assets and tax bracket management