An innovative and interactive session that taps the areas of neuroscience, psychology and biology to understand how science, emotion and ethical decision-making interact. Instead of critiquing how our minds are supposed to work, this session delves into the fascinating world of how our minds work when we face complex problems where a ‘best choice” doesn’t seem to exist. The talk will also explore why ethical codes have often failed and how to improve individual and organizational ethical reasoning.
• Determine 3 common errors made by executives regarding Tone at the Top
• Recognize 2 common myths about motivation related to ethical decisions
• Identify at least 2 reasons why codes of ethics can fail
• Why model codes of ethics fail
• The science behind organizations "Ethical DNA"
• Understanding the psychology behind "Tone at the Top"
• The interaction between critical thinking and ethics
• Breaking myths about motivation related to decision making
• Ethical decision-making under pressure
• Are ethics and morals "fixed" or can we learn to improve