The CPA, in tax practice, has significant duties to protect client-taxpayer information under professional standards, California and other states' rules pertaining to the practice of accountancy, under provisions in the Internal Revenue Code and other federal or state laws. This course will address those requirements in the AICPA professional standards and Section 7216 of the Internal Revenue Code.
• Determine Board of Accountancy Confidentiality Rules in Tax Practice
• Understand Professional Standards for Confidentiality
• Identify Internal Revenue Code Sections 7216 and 6713 Uses and Disclosure of Tax Information Requirements
• Understand CPA Confidentiality Requirements in Tax Practice
• Distinguish Between Confidentiality Requirements and Taxpayer Privileges that apply to the CPA