Fraud in the workplace is not new. However, statistics show that the number of internally actuated fraud schemes is increasing. Additionally, fraud risk is at an all-time high because of the recent disruption. This session starts by reviewing the many reasons that fraud occurs. Then looks at ways to detect internal fraud and explores control measures that can help reduce the risk. Those that take the class will learn just how invasive and damaging internal fraud can be. They will also know ways to detect and thwart fraudulent activity.
• List reasons that employees and others that are internal to an organization choose to undertake fraudulent acts
• Discuss the types of control measures that work best as entities strive to mitigate fraud risk
• Recognize specific internal control measures that can help to reduce fraud activities
• Understand why internal fraud occurs
• Review policies, procedures and control measures designed to fight fraud