New personal financial planning strategies are regularly emerging due to evolving personal goals in rough economic and legal environments. Review developments from the past year in insurance, investments, retirement, tax, estate, and personal financial planning. Drawn from recent publications and government directives, review the latest financial strategies and planning changes in financial planning; insurance; investments selection and management; and retirement, including Social Security and Medicare. Additionally, Randy covers estate and tax planning strategies that enable practitioners to better serve clients by allowing them to take advantage of new opportunities.
• Identify significant developments over the past 12 months in the areas of insurance, investment, retirement, tax, estate, and personal financial planning
• Identify traditional financial planning principles and assess how to implement recent personal financial planning developments into financial plans
• Retirement: accumulation and decumulation techniques, Social Security, Medicare and long-term care
• Debt management, including reverse mortgages and education financing
• Insurance and investments from a life-planning perspective
• Income tax legislation, cases, and rulings
• Estate and trust planning strategies