Health-related decisions are encountered in every life stage. Making good choices can have a major impact on personal happiness and financial success. Acquire a better understanding of medical insurance options for individuals transitioning to retirement, including long-term care insurance, Medicare, and Medigap plans. Managing the risk of a financially catastrophic illness requires thoughtful analysis of personal, tax and financial factors.
• Determine medical insurance terminology and options
• Recognize the need to plan in mid-life for end-of-life decisions
• Identify the correct path through the long-term care, Medicare and Medigap insurance maze
• The interrelationship of health, happiness, and financial well-being
• Traditional long-term care insurance, hybrid strategies, or self insure?
• Medicare Parts A, B, C, and D and MediGap plans
• Incapacity, elder law, Medicaid and choosing a long-term care facility
• Hospice and palliative care