Not-for-profit organizations always need volunteers as treasurers or members of the financial oversight committee! CPAs are often asked to fulfill these roles. This course highlights the accounting needs of such organizations. QuickBooks 2023 Desktop will be used to demonstrate how its tools provide more efficient and effective financial management for your not-for-profit entity. This course is geared toward hands-on, or future hands-on, treasurers of service clubs and similar organizations.
• Illustrate, using Quickbooks 2023 Desktop, the types of transactions usual for not-for-profit membership and service organizations
• Discuss the need for governance policies and budgeting in a not-for-profit membership and service organization
• QuickBooks Desktop
• Chart of Accounts and Setup
• Routine operations including receiving donations and membership dues along with expenses and reporting
• Governance policies and budgeting