Thousands of businesses worldwide are victimized by fraud every day. In this course we are going to help you answer who commits fraud, why and how. We will discuss the various types of corporate fraud and simple audit techniques that can assist in investigating and detecting fraud. Topics include: corporate fraud in the current environment, corporate fraud investigation, defenses against corporate fraud, theft and embezzlement, other types of asset misappropriation like inventory shortages, and fraudulent financial reporting.
• Learn about the nature of corporate fraud
• Identify different types of corporate fraud
• Understand the widespread presence of fraud in the corporate environment
• Types of corporate fraud, including asset misappropriation, fraudulent financial reporting, and corruption
• Theory of the Fraud Triangle, why individuals commit fraud
• Introduction to corporate fraud investigation
• Identify basic fraud indicators or "red flags"